[restabs alignment=”osc-tabs-left” pills=”nav-pills” responsive=”true” icon=”true” text=”More” tabcolor=”#e5e5e5″ seltabcolor=”#4dad4c” tabhovercolor=”#7c7c7c”]
[restab title=”About” active=”active”]
The undergraduate program in Nursing Science has maintained a continuous development since its inception in 1999 through curriculum development, continuous quality improvement, application of block system approach, and a vast network of partnership with local, regional and international institutions. In 2015, this program received an A level for its national accreditation in Indonesia.
The program aims to produce a highly qualified professional nurse that is defined as professional, innovative, creative, and humane, has leadership and research capability, and competent in the management of nursing care. Also, it is expected to follow international standards and ethics, and value the local wisdoms. Nursing program is actively involved in international collaborations for academic staff and student exchanges, research collaborations, joint seminars and conferences, and many activities for curriculum development.
For illustration, in 2006 and 2008, the nursing program received two grants from JICA for rehabilitation and community empowerment program in respond to an earthquake in Yogyakarta area during that period. Also, since 2007, this program has been regularly receiving and sending its students for an exchange program to other countries, such as Sweden, Netherland, Thailand, Taiwan, Japan, and so forth. Since 2013, nursing students has also been participating in the Comprehensive Family andCommunity Health Care – Interprofessional Education (CFHC-IPE) along with students from the undergraduate program in Medicine and Nutrition and Health. This special program is designed to introduce an integrated care from healthcare professionals to individual, family and community.
For further information please visit http://keperawatan.ugm.ac.id
[restab title=”PROGRAM SPECIFICATION”]
This Undergraduate Program of Nursing, Faculty of Medicine, Universitas Gadjah Mada established since 1998 with number of alumnae 1932. The number of credits in academic phase 154 credits in 8 semesters and the number of credits in internship phase 40 credits in 15 months. The final Project in this program is Undergraduate thesis.
Undergraduate Program of Nursing, Faculty of Medicine, Universitas Gadjah Mada has been certified by LAMPTKes (Independent Accreditation Agency of Health Professional Education) “A”qualification (2014-2019). The number oflecturers : 36 (minimum qualification: Master degree). Level of Competence in National Qualification Standard (KKNI)is Level 7
[restab title=”Educational Phylosophy CARE”]
The Study Program of Nursing, Faculty of Medicine UGM follows CARE philosophy which has become belief and principle for its all academicians in conducting activities at the program. CARE, which stands for Competence, Altruistic, Respect and Empathy, may also mean custody in the field of nursing. Thus, CARE means that all academicians at this program study are those who have care and empathy for others, give priority to the interests of others, program and the nation and country as well as respect other people and work as professionals.
In daily life, CARE becomes the spirit of the program study. The tridarma (three dedications of the university) are transformed into activities designed to inspire students and academicians to have care and empathy for their patients and clients and also respect them and all members of the health team. They are also encouraged to look up to those who interact with them in performing a medical treatment, give priority to the interests of the patients, community and the nation and country.
This CARE philosophy is in harmony with the vision and missions of UGM contained in the motto “locally rooted, globally respected”. The phrase “locally rooted” signifies Altruistic, Respect, Empathy while the words “globally respected” represents Competence
Graduates are nurses who possess academic ability on professional nursing and managerial knowledge in nursing. Graduates are also reliable, innovative, and creative nurses who have international standard, ethics, humanity, high culture and quality in the management of nursing care provision in hospitals, community, educational institution and other institutions. Graduates also have competitiveness in the local, regional and international levels.
A.Main Competences :
- Able to perform professional nursing care in both clinics and community
- Able to implement ethics and legal in nursing practice
- Able to implement leadership and nursing management
- Able to develop sustained professionalism and lifelong learning.
- Able to establish interpersonal relationship
- Able to communicate effectively by having consideration of cross-cultural aspect
- Able to conduct research
- Able to perform national and social responsibility in nursing
- Able to cooperate in the context of providing health service (collaborator)
- Able to perform management and information technology in nursing service.
C.Other specific competences which have correlation with main competences:
Ability to develop their spirit, motivation, ability and skill in entrepreneurship based on situation and local culture. It must also be useful in cross-sections included in the competence
[restab title=”LEARNING METHOD and STRATEGIES”]
A.Lectures, Response Course
B.Group Discussion (Tutorial)
C.Other Methods in addition to PBL
D.Laboratory Practice and Nursing Clinical Skill (Skills Lab)
E.Field Study Experience
F.Seminar and Research Learning Method
G.Clinical Education (Nurse Profession) in Hospital and Health Centers
[restab title=”Evaluation Methods and Quality Improvement and Learning Process Standards”]
- Block Final Examination/Mid Term Examination/ Final Examination
- Evaluation of the First Year (The first two semesters)
- Evaluation of the First Two Years ( The first four semesters)
- Final Evaluation of Undergraduate Program
- Final Evaluation of Profession Program
- Evaluation of Students’ Learning Process
- Evaluation of work performance of academic and non-academic staffs
- Infrastructures in Ismangoen Building consist of Nursing Skill Laboratory, Classrooms, Lecturers’ Rooms and Administration Office, and Auditorium.
- Other facilities for the students of School of Nursing Faculty of Medicine UGM are spacious yard, parking lots, and musholla (praying room), New integrated laboratory and a library with comprehensive collection are promising facilities for students where they get excellent and credible sources for learning. All academicians in Faculty of Medicine, UGM uses these facilities.
- The activities of profession program are performed in some hospitals and other health centers such as RSUP. Dr. Sardjito, RSUD Banyumas, RSUP Dr. Soeradji Tirtonegoro, RS.Grhasia Pakem,
- Puskesmas Imogiri, Depok and Mlati, Panti Wredha Abiyoso, and Panti Wredha Budhi Luhur